Thursday, December 06, 2012

On Ruthless Competition: When I harm you, I harm myself

Attempting to maintain the system I know as “me” through ruthless competition with the system I know as “you” is a grave mistake: it could damage the integrity of the embracing whole that frames both your life and mine. I cannot preserve my own life and wholeness by damaging that whole, even if damaging a part of it seems to bring me short-term advantage. When I harm you, or anyone else around me, I harm myself. 
+
From A DECLARATION OF ONENESS CONSCIOUSNESS Sixteen Points drafted by Ervin Laszlo
+
Barney on LnkedIn linked to this post on SOUL NEEDS: life-journey momentsOf course, I think about ... football. These guys (below) are not ruthless in their competition. They exemplify what is good about sports as recreation. -gw
+

No comments: