Saturday, November 14, 2009

On the Outpourings of God: Cherish my love

O my God!  Let the outpourings of Thy bounty and blessings descend upon homes whose inmates have embraced Thy Faith, as a token of Thy grace and as a mark of loving-kindness from Thy presence.  Verily, unsurpassed art Thou in granting forgiveness.  Should Thy bounty be withheld from anyone, how could he be reckoned among the followers of the Faith in Thy Day?

Bless me, O my God, and those who will believe in Thy signs on the appointed Day, and such as cherish my love in their hearts—a love which Thou dost instill into them.  Verily, Thou art the Lord of righteousness, the Most Exalted.

The Báb

 
 
This photo of Bonita and her twin was on a bookshelf at my son and daughter-in-law's home. I love the whole image: the praying statue, the photo, and even the very apropo book title. All of these elements go together in so many ways. The prayer tops it off. -gw

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

1 comment:

Jeremy D Johnson said...

Thanks for this! I always find the Bahai writings to be elegant inspiration.