Thursday, April 10, 2008

On Removers of Difficulties and a Declaration: She introduced me as her Baha'i counselor

Consolidation Story #2. Chris does a home visit to the woman who was our very first declarant in the first 90 minutes of teaching in the Hilltop neighborhood, Tacoma, the day after Naw Ruz. -gw

I went to visit D today. I called before going to her Grandmother's where D is a care-provider. D sounded very low. She said she was having a confusing day. I suggested that our visit might lift her spirit so she said to come up. When she opened the door she was crying. We went off to a quiet courtyard and said prayers. We said prayers for the departed (her friend died this past weekend), prayers for assistance, for healing and remover of difficulties. We talked, she emptied, I listened and then I offered to share more on Baha'u'llah....it was getting colder sitting outside so D offered to go into the apartment. Her mother K was there and D introduced me as her Baha'i Counselor!! Yikes!

I shared that i was a Baha'i and asked K if she knew about the Baha'i Faith. K shared that D was being pressured by friends who said the Faith was a Cult. Okay.......i pulled out our trusted Anna and we went in there! We made it through the sufferings and influence of Baha'u'llah and the teachings on Unity....and K starts bobbing her head agreeing with everything. When we finished the quotation on the circle of Unity she was crying.......I asked her if she also believed that Baha'u'llah is the Manifestation for this New Day and she said Yes!! (OH George I needed to be smooth and start filling in her name but alas i didn't bring a card!!)

Then the phone rings and D starts crying too. Her friend's husband was just put in jail for driving without a license and he has 4 little girls at home. I suggested we offer a powerful prayer revealed by the Bab...Is there any remover of difficulties........ everything suddenly quiets and in we are hugging! These are difficult times but there is a power beyond our understanding when we walk in prayer..... remember Baha'u'llah's imprisonment, banishment and sufferings...... all because He loves us. You will get through this. Before parting D's Grandmother comes in (she has Alzheimer's and Cancer) she want's to know why I am in her apartment. D and K introduced me as the Baha'i Counselor and laugh!

We promised to stay connected. I will call her tomorrow and try to set up a time to visit Friday or Saturday............. D shares that she will say the prayers, over and over...... This is so amazing!!!! Love you all....
+
{Photo: Tacoma apartment building, Uploaded on February 26, 2008 by jacicita on flickr, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic}

No comments: