Thursday, October 18, 2007

On Baha'i Sports Heros: In Australia

Sports heros are loved the world over. A certain baseball shortshop who plays for a West Coast team is a hero for many sports-loving Baha'is. We recently noted a Portuguese Baha'i who is a gold medal winner and a new hero. How about this Australian football player who is a Baha'i! Yup, another Baha'i sports hero. Yaaaeeehyaaa! -gw

"I'm a Baha'i and that’s the most important part of my life," Luke told The Fremantle Herald.

"It's a faith for this day and age," he said. "It aims to eradicate old modes of thought and old prejudices so things like equality of the sexes and unity of all races are very important." He is happy to expand on his beliefs if asked."

On a day to day level, I feel being a follower of the Baha’i Faith gives me a centre. I am able to approach all aspects of life -- work, study, social and family commitment-- with a heightened sense of purpose,” he said.“It allows me to constantly re-align my priorities in a world that offers many distractions from actions that lead to the betterment of the community."

"Luke McPharlin: Getting his kicks," Austalian Baha'is

No comments: