Thursday, December 07, 2006

On Christmas in Ireland: Makes This Baha'i Feel Cosy

"christmas yarn," uploaded on December 25, 2005 by pinprick on flickr
Some rights reserved

If it fits you, countdown to Christmas with the Knatty Knitter. -gw

So I am going to give this 'blog a day til Christmas' a try. Thanks for the idea Em, so much fun! 20 days of blogging and each blog must pertain to the number of days left. I can do that...hopefully :) I'm not a Christian and don't really celebrate Christmas, well I do but it's not strictly my holiday (does that make sense?). I'm a Baha'i and our Christmas-type holiday is in November and our New Year in March (Spring Equinox...oh yeah!) But my Ma's family are all Catholic and I used to spend every Christmas with them, going to Midnight Mass and putting up the tree, so it's part of my year and Christmas in Ireland is beautiful. It is truly a family time of year and DB celebrates it and I'm a big kid so I love the season and this festival of lights in the dark of winter. Makes me very happy and cosy feeling.

" 20 days 'til Crimbo," Knatty Knitter

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi George! It's been a long time since I have commented on your blog but I have been reading it. I was just wondering the reason why Baha'is do not celebrate Christmas? Baha'is believe in the virgin birth of Christ and they believe Christ to be one of God's prophets so why not celebrate His birth?