Wednesday, December 06, 2006

On the Nations in Turmoil: Arthur Prays with His Grandson

Uploaded on August 23, 2005 by Michael P. Whelan on flickr
Psalms 2

Why are the nations in turmoil?
Why do the peoples hatch their futile plots?
The kings of the earth stand ready,
and the rulers conspire together
against the LORD and his anointed king.'
Let us break their fetters,' they cry,'
let us throw off their chains!'
The Lord who sits enthroned in heaven
laughs them to scorn;
then he rebukes them in anger,
he threatens them in his wrath.
Of me he says, 'I have enthroned my king
On Zion my holy mountain.
'I will repeat the LORD's decree:
'You are my son,' he said;
'this day I become your father.
Ask of me what you will:
I will give you nations as your inheritance,
the ends of the earth as your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron,
you shall shatter them like a clay pot.'
Be mindful then, you kings;
learn your lesson, rulers of the earth:
worship the LORD with reverence;
tremble, and kiss the king,
lest the LORD be angry
and you are struck down in mid course;
for his anger flares up in a moment.
Happy are all who find refuge in him.

"How does this apply now?" the blogger asks in his post "Modern Times." "In modern times men fall into ancient patterns."

This quote from Psalms is one of the many "finds" of the blogger of Thoughts on a Five Year Plan, a rich source for daily reflection, as I have discovered. The blogger, Arthur Wendover, explains, "I began this Diary on my own website four months ago and am now trying it as a Blog." His website is...
Below are recent post titles from Thoughts on a Five Year Plan. -gw
+
+
"Beachstar," uploaded on April 28, 2006 by banjosmutt on flickr
+
I have watched the reaction of my two year old grandson with interest. When nap time comes I say a child's prayer with him. He becomes a completely different personality. Calm, concentrated, happy, anticipating each word I say.

"O God, guide me, protect me, make of me a shining lamp and a brilliant star. Thou art the Mighty and the Powerful."- 'Abdu'l-Bahá

No comments: