Thursday, April 20, 2006

On Overcoming Obstacles: Real Baha'is, Real Life

Dallas Marie's story is very compelling, I'm sure you'd agree. Below is the middle part. Go to her site and read what came before and what comes after. Then drop a comment on her site. I'm sure she would love to hear from you and would welcome your words of support.

Dallas Marie on MySpace
... I started going to Sunday school with Mallory. She was a Baha'i, which I didn't understand, being I was raised in a pretty tight methodist community. We had our squabbles in the past on the religion, and had both left with hurt feelings. However I'd met her family and a select few others who I couldn't put off as not worth learning what they believe in. If you've met a Baha'i, you've been touched for life. They tend to be some of the most genuine understanding people in the world...in my eyes at least. So, I went to Sunday school with Mallory every sunday, I decided I wanted to learn a bit about this and decide for myself whether she was right or wrong rather than going by what I had been taught and read. Ironically enough, the particular weeks I began going, they had combined the youth and adult classes, to show a series of videos in the subject of *surprise* teaching Christians. And what a blessing this was to me. I've never been shown the truth like what those videos provided me with. I was convinced this was right for me, and I signed my card. I converted to the Baha'i Faith and I was thrilled. I met so many people who have left marks on my heart for life. ...

Dallas Marie, "Just letting my mind wander...," MySpace

No comments: