Monday, July 08, 2013

On the Next Time Junior Youth Are Asked What They Want To Be When They Grow Up: The answer will be different

I still try to read blogs. Saw this comment on a blog post on Reflections on Transformation about the effect of the Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program to counter materialism. -gw

Another aspect of a materialistic society that I see is when I go visit my neighborhood or other neighborhoods. When I ask the junior youth who they admire, some will say my uncle. And of course, I will ask them why? And often, it's because they are a doctor or lawyer. I will still ask them but why? The answer is because they have made money. There is nothing wrong with being a doctor or a lawyer which are wonderful professions. The root of the problem is the focus on money and materialism.

The Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program helps these friends to develop spiritual perception which is to look at the spiritual qualities of their friends, relatives, and humanity. In this way, they are encouraging each other to become better human beings and at the same time serve the world. So next time, I ask them what they want to do when they grow up after reading "Breezes of Confirmation" where they talk about professions. They will say, I want to be a doctor to help heal people, to contribute to the advancement of medicine and our society, and nothing wrong with also saying to spend on my family and loved ones.
http://reflections-on-transformation.blogspot.com/2013/04/selfless-service.html#comment-form

In our cluster, Tigers junior youth reading a story from Breezes of Confirmation

No comments: