Thursday, May 16, 2013

On Every Hair of Our Heads: Proclaims the oneness of God and His creation

PICT6768



My homage to the variety of different hair styles, colors, textures that grace the heads of humans -- my "Ode to Hair" set on Flickr -- is approaching 3000 views. -gw

Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! My tongue, both the tongue of my body and the tongue of my heart, my limbs and members, every pulsating vein within me, every hair of my head, all proclaim that Thou art God, and that there is none other God beside Thee. From everlasting Thou hast been immeasurably exalted above all similitudes and comparisons, and sanctified from whatsoever pertaineth to the creation Thou hast created and fashioned. From eternity Thou hast been alone, with none to share the majesty of Thy singleness, and hast remained far above the changes and chances to which all Thy creatures are subjected.

Prayers and Meditations by Bahá’u’lláh

No comments: