Saturday, May 12, 2012

On Focusing on the Grassroots: Both in the Faith and on the blog

The new Councils, serving, in most cases, a somewhat more limited number of clusters will thus be in a better position to work more closely with the friends laboring at the grassroots.

The U.S. Baha'i National Assembly announced an expansion in the number of regional councils, citing the reason above. This fits so closely my personal experience.

Big picture is good, but the work is at the grassroots. In my Baha'i community the teaching is now so robust, I cannot keep up with it. And so I focus on the area I have carved out, with the encouragement of the Area Teaching Committee, my social  space. Just today I learn my son has been tapped to animate a junior youth group at the Swan Creek Apartments on the Eastside. Didn't know that. He didn't tell me. That's the way it is today. So much happening I can't possibly intimately assimilate it all as I felt I once did.

Baha'i Views, the family of blogs that have been a focus of my energy since January of 2006, has undergone a slow transformation from a vehicle looking broadly at the world to a blog reflecting primarily the activities within my personal space, including the social space I have adopted within which to expand the core activities. It has, too, become more focused at the grassroots. -gw

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: