Sunday, February 12, 2012

On the Best Shine Tidelands Canoeing Set Ever: Saturday is for family and nest

Bonita and I both love routines. I may not keep a personal calendar or be very good about planninng ahead, but I get things done by assigning a time and a day to an activity. My weekly routine has been worked out in consultation with my wife.
+
I work 40 hours a week, but have almost an hour commute each way. So take 50 hours a week out of my discretionary time to put food on the table.
+
  1. Sunday is for taking pictures at the Tacoma Invaders football practice and for supporting the Tigers/Invaders junior youth group.
  2. Monday night is reserved for either Assembly meetings or Area Teaching Committee meetings. Occasionally that is a free night.
  3. Tuesday is our Ruhi Book 4 study circle on the Twin Manifestations.
  4. Wednesday is reserved as our family night, just Bonita and me.
  5. Thursday is the Tigers/Invaders Book 1 study circle on Reflections on the Life of the Spirit.
  6. Friday is the Tigers/Invaders community devotional.
  7. Saturday is our family day, for hiking, camping, canoeing, or projects for keeping "the nest" in order.
+
Last Saturday Bonita and I went canoeing for the first time in 2012. The day was perfect, the photography exquisite. -gw
+

+
Strive, then, to abide, heart and soul, with each other as two doves in the nest, for this is to be blessed in both worlds.
+
“Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá”, sec. 92, p. 122 [55]
+

No comments: