Monday, December 06, 2010

On Happy Holidays: I'm not even going to make a fuss

I'm not going to tear down the holly wreaths on campus, I'm not going to bemoan the fact that there are poinsettias everywhere, and I won't complain when Christmas Carols are played nonstop.  In fact, I'm not even going to make a fuss. ...
 
I'm a Baha'i.  I celebrate Naw-Ruz, which is in March.  And I don't have a problem with Christmas in the least.  But I do have a problem with the fact that people seem to forget there are others out there that don't celebrate Christmas.  We just had World Week at UAF.  Wasn't that all about diversity?  Well, where is the diversity now?
 
 
 
We're going to a Christmas family celebration at my son's , and at work I've been invited to two Christmas parties again this year. I'm going to one of them, the one the team I'm on (the Community Support Team) has. This was last year's. -gw
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: