Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On Big Bang Abandoned: The beginning that has no beginning

Ripples from the Big Bang. Bending Light #11

Light refraction patterns from the base of a clear glass vase.

I still trying to get it right. The processing lab is having trouble printing these images, there's no blue sky, grass or flesh tones for the digital printing computer to use as a reference and B/W images on colour film don't help either. It's difficult to judge the exposure as I've no way of metering and I'm literally working in the dark so I can't even see the camera settings easily. I'll persevere; I've still got some ideas to try.

Uploaded by Reciprocity on 28 Feb 06, 3.20AM PDT on flickr

From: Tim

GWD –

“The universe has no beginning and no end...” Hmm. That sure sounds familiar. This is from a way-cool blog that I follow, the MIT technology blog.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Big Bang Abandoned in New Model of the Universe

A new cosmology successfully explains the accelerating expansion of the universe without dark energy; but only if the universe has no beginning and no end.

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/25492/

Way cool, Tim! -gw



Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: