Wednesday, May 05, 2010

On Walter Heath's Music: True Christian love is where he comes from

 
After several weeks of constant reading and talking to many people, I embraced the Bahá’í Faith as my own.  Based on my background and my individual investigation, I saw Bahá’í as the fulfillment, not a denial, of my Christian faith.  It allowed me to see religion as one book of God with many chapters, progressively revealed to man according to our needs and capacity.  Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, Krishna, Buddha, Christ, Mohammed, and now the Báb and Baha’u’llah, all are Divine Authors of these chapters.  Divine unity personified.

Months went by before I told my family.  My father took me aside and asked me did I still believe in God.  I told him even more so than before.  He then said that he had always tried to teach his children that we were the only ones who could save our own souls.  I was blown away with his reaction.  Not once did he show me any disapproval.  My mother was the same way, as were my brothers and sisters.  True Christian love.  That’s where I come from.

 
 
History lessons from Walter Heath, African-American and Baha'i. His songs always a favorite on the Black Men's Gathering albums, I love this man's voice. -gw
 
 
 

Posted via email from baha'i music

No comments: