Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On Coming Full Circle: With thanks to some great websites by Baha'is

I love Naw Ruz. I'm not sure why, though. It is not the party that seems to come around every year, nor the unusual fact that it is the only Baha'i Holy Day with no direct relation to the life of a Messenger of God. No, I think it is just the idea that this is a day when we celebrate the fact that the whole thing has come around full circle. ...
 
I just love the mud. In fact, as I'm typing, I'm waiting to hear the first stirrings of my son this fine sunny morning, eager to dress him and feed him so that we can go to the park and play in the mud. I am a firm believer that every healthy childhood needs a good helping of mud-wallowing, and who am I to deprive my little guy of this?

In fact, it is this very mud that has given me one of my favorite stories for Naw Ruz.

 

Naw-Ruz takes us from winter to spring, from snow to mud. Find great blog writing on One Baha'i's approach....
 
Find "a repository and library of electronic files (Word, PowerPoint, PDF) for Baha'i prayers, Baha'i writings, Baha'i devotions and Baha'i readings as well as other Baha'i compilations" on http://www.bahaisunite.org/. The slide below is from the Life of Baha'u'llah slideshow (original source: www.Bahaullah.org), available for download from this very useful site.  -gw
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: