Thursday, February 11, 2010

On a Baha'i Married to a Mormon: Promoting the cause of religious harmony

 
Religions are not in competition with each other. -gw
 
Smile Baha'i married to a Mormon

Hi all!

I noticed there's one or two other Baha'is on this forum, and mention has already been made of the many things Baha'is and Latter-day Saints have in common. I've been married to my wonderful wife, who's a devout and active Church member, for over 14 years, and I've been a Baha'i for most of that time.

I appreciate the teachings of the Church and have read the BoM, D&C, PGP as well as much of the rich collection of historical church publications. I'm good friends with many people in my wife's ward and enjoy going to church whenever I can -- although my own activities in my faith have prevented me of late. I'm always looking to learn more about the LDS faith, and if anyone wants to ask me about some of the things I've discovered we have in common, feel free. I'm not interested in converting anyone, and I'm not interested in being converted. My only goal as a Baha'i is to learn from people of different religions, to find common ground, and to do my small part in promoting the cause of religious harmony.

Warm regards,
S

 
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: