Thursday, October 08, 2009

On Not Having Named Any of My Children Sue: Son, this world is rough, and if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough

All from the same gene pool, which is pretty amazing. Left to right, my kids in a picture taken a few years ago, Ruhullah, Tarazullah, Ruhiyyih and Rahmatullah. With names like that, you know they got to be tough. It's better than having named any of them Sue. -gw

I got all choked up and I threw down my gun
And I called him my pa, and he called me his son,
And I came away with a different point of view.
And I think about him, now and then,
Every time I try and every time I win,
And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him
Bill or George! Anything but Sue!

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnnycash/aboynamedsue.html

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough"

Posted via web from Baha'i Views

No comments: