Monday, April 14, 2008

On Responding to Aggressive Questions: A much-loved Baha'i video classic shows how

Message from Marco. -gw


I found amongst my old VHS tapes, one with a BBC Northern Ireland program called "A to Z of Belief - The Baha'i Faith". It was broadcasted in 1990. I remember how I enjoyed this program in those days. I also remember how some friends were shocked about the "aggressive questions" being asked. Some friends from Northern Ireland commented that programs about other beliefs were far more aggressive. I converted this VHS tape to a MPG file and uploaded into YouTube. Because the tape was an old one, the sound is far from perfect. You may see the video here:


Warmest greetings,
Marco Oliveira

2 comments:

Barmak Kusha said...

Funny... I remmeber seeing this like it was yesterday, in 1992 Summer, in Hungary, while serving there that Summer of the Holy Year. And I always remember that show.. It was soo amazing how calm the Baha'i was, and HOW WELL he answered their attacks, how DISARMING he was....

Anonymous said...

I seen this a long, long time ago, when I was around six I suppose. Parents recorded it on VHS and what always remained vividly in my memory was the guy sternly saying "Are you telling me, a Christian, that Baha'u'llah is the return of Jesus Christ?", then walking off and looking very angry for the rest of the programme! Probably my 2nd favourite moment in the whole of television.

My first favourite moment was a religious programme with a British comedian called Jo Brand. She had a Christian priest in full vesture sat on one side and a Baha'i sat on the other. There was a discussion, and the Baha'i made a comment about the return of Jesus Christ. The host then turned to the priest and remarked "You missed it." Brilliant!