Saturday, March 22, 2008

On Your Roman Numerals from I to CLXXXIV: Baha'u'llah's "Prayer and Meditations"

Your roman numerals from I to CLXXXIV. How many of the opening lines to Baha'u'llah's Prayers and Meditations do you immediately recognize? Can you finish the line or even say the whole prayer by heart? -gw

I: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Every man…”
II: “Unto Thee be praise, O Lord my God! I entreat…”
III: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I beseech…”
IV: “Magnified be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou art…”
V: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! Thou beholdest…”
VI: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! I swear by Thy…”
VII: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! I beseech Thee…”
VIII: “Glorified be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou…”
IX: “Magnified be Thy name, O Lord my God! I know…”
X: “O Thou Whose face is the object of the adoration…”
XI: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! Darkness…”
XII: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! This is Thy…”
XIII: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! Thou beholdest…”
XIV: “All praise be to Thee, O my God! Thou beholdest…”
XV: “O Thou Who art the Ruler of earth and heaven…”
XVI: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! Thou seest my…”
XVII: “Magnified be Thy name, O God, the Lord of…”
XVIII: “Praised be Thou, O my God! How can I thank…”
XIX: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! I implore Thee,…”
XX: “Lauded be Thy name, O Thou Who beholdest all…”
XXI: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! I am Thy servant…”
XXII: “Exalted art Thou, O Lord my God! I am the one…”
XXIII: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I implore…”
XXIV: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! I implore Thee…”
XXV: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I beseech…”
XXVI: “Suffer me, O my God, to draw nigh unto Thee,…”
XXVII: “Thou beholdest, O my God, the Day-Star of Thy…”
XXVIII: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! I bear witness…”
XXIX: “Many a chilled heart, O my God, hath been set…”
XXX: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou seest…”
XXXI: “Praised be Thou, O my God! I beseech Thee by…”
XXXII: “Thou seest Thy dear One, O my God, lying at…”
XXXIII: “Praise be unto Thee, O my God! Thou art He…”
XXXIV: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! I implore Thee…”
XXXV: “I give praise to Thee, O Lord my God! I entreat…”
XXXVI: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! I am so carried…”
XXXVII: “Glory be to Thee, O King of eternity, and the…”
XXXVIII: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! I testify…”
XXXIX: “O Thou Who dealest equitably with all who are…”
XL: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! I implore Thee,…”
XLI: “Thy unity is inscrutable, O my God, to all except…”
XLII: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God and the God of…”
XLIII: “O God, Who art the Author of all Manifestations,…”
XLIV: “Lauded be Thy name, O Thou Who art my God…”
XLV: “My God, my Fire and my Light! The days which…”
XLVI: “Praised be Thou, O my God, that Thou hast ordained…”
XLVII: “O Thou the Lord of the visible and the invisible,…”
XLVIII: “Unto Thee be praise, O Lord my God! I beseech…”
XLIX: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! I entreat…”
L: “Glory be to Thee, O my God! Thou hearest Thine…”
LI: “Thou dost witness, O my God, how He Who is…”
LII: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! I entreat Thee…”
LIII: “I know not, O my God, what the Fire is which…”
LIV: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! Aid Thou by…”
LV: “O God! The trials Thou sendest are a salve to the…”
LVI: “Glory be to Thee, O Lord my God! These are the…”
LVII: “God testifieth to the unity of His Godhood and to…”
LVIII: “Praise be to Thee, to Whom the tongues of all…”
LIX: “All praise, O my God, be to Thee Who art the…”
LX: “Glorified be Thou, O my God! Behold Thou my…”
LXI: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou dost…”
LXII: “Lauded and glorified art Thou, O Lord my God!…”
LXIII: “Thou beholdest, O my God, Thy servant who…”
LXIV: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God, my Master!…”
LXV: “Glorified art Thou, O my God! Thou knowest that…”
LXVI: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Thou seest…”
LXVII: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I yield Thee…”
LXVIII: “Praised be Thou, O my God! Thou seest me shut up…”
LXIX: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! My tongue,…”
LXX: “Faded now is all that erstwhile flourished in the…”
LXXI: “Magnified be Thy name, O my God, for that Thou…”
LXXII: “Lauded be Thy name, O Thou in Whose hands is…”
LXXIII: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I beseech…”
LXXIV: “Magnified be Thy name, O Lord my God, inasmuch…”
LXXV: “All-praise be to Thee, O Lord, my God! I know…”
LXXVI: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Every time I…”
LXXVII: “O Thou, at Whose dreadful majesty all things have…”
LXXVIII: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Every time I…”
LXXIX: “All glory be to Thee, O Lord my God! I bear…”
LXXX: “O Thou Whose remembrance is the delight of the…”
LXXXI: “Unto Thee be praise, O Thou Who inclinest Thine…”
LXXXII: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Thou art He…”
LXXXIII: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Thou seest my…”
LXXXIV: “Magnified art Thou, O Lord my God! I ask Thee…”
LXXXV: “These are, O my God, the days whereon Thou didst…”
LXXXVI: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I yield Thee…”
LXXXVII: “Magnified be Thy name, O Lord my God! Behold…”
LXXXVIII: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! I testify that no…”
LXXXIX: “I know not, O my God, what the Fire is with which…”
XC: “Glorified art Thou, O my God! Thou knowest that…”
XCI: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! How great…”
XCII: “Glory to Thee, O my God! But for the tribulations…”
XCIII: “Glory to Thee, O my God! One of Thy handmaidens,…”
XCIV: “The hearts that yearn after Thee, O my God, are…”
XCV: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Rain down,…”
XCVI: “Magnified, O Lord my God, be Thy Name, whereby…”
XCVII: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! I implore Thee…”
XCVIII: “Magnified be Thy name, O Thou in Whose grasp…”
XCIX: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I pray Thee,…”
C: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Thou beholdest…”
CI: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! Thou beholdest…”
CII: “Glory to Thee, O Thou Who art the Lord of all…”
CIII: “Glory be to Thee, Thou in Whose hand are the…”
CIV: “O Thou Whose nearness is my wish, Whose presence…”
CV: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Thou art He…”
CVI: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! I give Thee…”
CVII: “I beseech Thee, O my Lord, by that Remembrance…”
CVIII: “Praised be Thou, O my God, that Thou hast been…”
CIX: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou beholdest…”
CX: “I know not, O my God, whether I should speak…”
CXI: “Praised be Thou, O my God! Thou beholdest both…”
CXII: “Thou beholdest, O my God, how bewildered in…”
CXIII: “Magnified be Thy name, O my God! I testify that…”
CXIV: “Mine eyes are cheered, O my God, when I contemplate…”
CXV: “Thou seest, O my God, how the wrongs committed…”
CXVI: “My God, my Well-Beloved! No place is there for…”
CXVII: “Glory to Thee, O my God! The first stirrings of…”
CXVIII: “Thou seest, O my God, how Thy servants have…”
CXIX: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! Thou seest how…”
CXX: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Thou beholdest…”
CXXI: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! I am the one…”
CXXII: “Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! Thou seest and…”
CXXIII: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Thou hast,…”
CXXIV: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Every time…”
CXXV: “O Thou the dread of Whom hath fallen upon all…”
CXXVI: “Glorified art Thou, O Lord my God! Thou art He…”
CXXVII: “All praise be to Thee, O Lord, my God! How mysterious…”
CXXVIII: “Praise be unto Thee, O my God! I am one of Thy…”
CXXIX: “Praised be Thou, O my God! Thou seest how Thy…”
CXXX: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou seest…”
CXXXI: “Praise be unto Thee, O my God! Thou seest how…”
CXXXII: “Glorified be Thy name, O Lord my God! I beseech…”
CXXXIII: “O Thou Whose tests are a healing medicine to such…”
CXXXIV: “I am he, O my Lord, that hath set his face towards…”
CXXXV: “Unto Thee be praise, O Lord my God! I testify…”
CXXXVI: “Lauded be Thy Name, O Lord my God! I am Thy…”
CXXXVII: “Glorified art Thou, O my God! I yield Thee thanks…”
CXXXVIII: “O God, and the God of all Names, and Maker of…”
CXXXIX: “Glory be to Thee, O Thou Who hast, through the…”
CXL: “Praised be Thou, O my God! This servant of Thine…”
CXLI: “I give Thee thanks, O my God, for that Thou hast…”
CXLII: “Glory be to Thee, O my God! My face hath been…”
CXLIII: “Glory be to Thee, O my God! I beg of Thee by Thy…”
CXLIV: “O my God and my Master! I am Thy servant and…”
CXLV: “O God, my God! Be Thou not far from me, for…”
CXLVI: “Glory be to Thee, O Lord my God! I beg of Thee…”
CXLVII: “Thou art He, O my God, through Whose names…”
CXLVIII: “Glory be to Thee, O Lord my God! I implore Thee…”
CXLIX: “Glorified art Thou, O my God! I give praise to…”
CL: “I give praise to Thee, O my God, that the fragrance…”
CLI: “Glorified art Thou, O my Lord! Thou beholdest…”
CLII: “Lauded be Thy name, O my God! I can discover…”
CLIII: “My God, Thou Whom I adore and worship, Who…”
CLIV: “Dispel my grief by Thy bounty and Thy generosity,…”
CLV: “Create in me a pure heart, O my God, and renew…”
CLVI: “I give praise to Thee, O my God, that Thou hast…”
CLVII: “My God, Whom I worship and adore! I bear witness…”
CLVIII: “I have wakened in Thy shelter, O my God, and it…”
CLIX: “O my God, the God of bounty and mercy! Thou…”
CLX: “My God, the Object of my adoration, the Goal of…”
CLXI: “Praise be to Thee, O my God, inasmuch as Thou…”
CLXII: “Lauded and glorified art Thou, O my God! I entreat…”
CLXIII: “Lauded be Thy name, O Lord my God! Thou seest…”
CLXIV: “O God, my God! I have set out from my home,…”
CLXV: “From the sweet-scented streams of Thine eternity…”
CLXVI: “O Thou Whose face is the object of my adoration,…”
CLXVII: “O my God! This is Thy servant and the son of…”
CLXVIII: “O my Lord! Make Thy beauty to be my food, and…”
CLXIX: “Glory be to Thee, O Lord my God! Abase not him…”
CLXX: “Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance…”
CLXXI: “O my God, my Master, the Goal of my desire!…”
CLXXII: “How can I choose to sleep, O God, my God, when…”
CLXXIII: “My God, my Adored One, my King, my Desire!…”
CLXXIV: “O God, my God! I beg of Thee by the ocean of…”
CLXXV: “I have risen this morning by Thy grace, O my…”
CLXXVI: “Praise be unto Thee, Who art my God and the…”
CLXXVII: “I beseech Thee, O my God, by Thy mighty Sign,…”
CLXXVIII: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! I supplicate…”
CLXXIX: “Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! The tongues of…”
CLXXX: “The praise which hath dawned from Thy most…”
CLXXXI: “I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created…”
CLXXXII: “Whoso wisheth to pray, let him wash…”
CLXXXIII: “Whoso wisheth to recite this prayer, let…”
CLXXXIV: “Since Thou hast, O my God, established Thyself…”
http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/PM/

No comments: