Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On Diana's a Baha'i Now: It's official, she signed her card

Diana's signed her card and is saying the Long Obligatory Prayer already. She likes it because it is structured and laid out. -gw

I've officially signed my declaration to be a Baha'i. I thought long and hard about it- to be sure I was doing that for the right reasons. And honestly, I could see no reason NOT to. I believe in everything I am reading about the faith so far. Nothing rings false for me. Absolutely nothing.

I had quite the experience with prayer the other night. To be honest, I thought that I would get tired halfway through the long obligatory prayer, because that type of prayer is so different from the type of prayer I had encountered before, but it was so... amazing. I haven't been touched by prayer that way in a long time. A very long time. I actually think doing something structured and layed out was very good for my prayer. Made me able to speak up and talk to God alot easier than I had been able to lately. It was such a good feeling, to be that spiritually open. I can't even explain that feeling.

Well, it's time for me to get some sleep, so I can function for Classes, and perhaps do a bit of reading for fun. I'm reading the history of Baha'u'llah. I want to know more about him and the Bab specifically.

http://bubblesanangel.livejournal.com/107823.html

No comments: