Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On Coming Back from a Devotional: I am so seriously considering becoming a Baha'i

Diana came back happy from the Baha'i devotional she attended. -gw

I just got back from another dinner and devotional with JB, OAK, Beheeyyah (i'm SOOO butchering her name!) and a few other people over on good ol' whaley street. I am seriously considering becoming Baha'i, but I want to make sure that I am informed enough and know enough to make this decision. If i choose to make this decision final, i have to be sure this is really what i want to do 100%. We're talking a major lifestyle commitment here. I want to be sure that I truly believe in what I am commiting to, and that takes more than just a few months to be sure.

I feel something stir within in me while I'm learning. I'm very excited, but i'm afraid to stay with this feeling. I want to be sure this excitement will never fade.

I have never been a part of a major religion with the entirety of my being. I have been raised christian but have always questioned my faith. I want to be able to question, but to still have faith in what i am questioning. I don't think that makes any sense, but there it is.

I am happy right now. Estatic, really. There is something so invigorating about devotional. I love to be around people, and it's so nice to be around positive people. They are happy to see me there and always patient and kind with my questions. I really don't seem to have many though. I'm usually just there taking it all in. What i hear and see about the faith really just makes sense to me. Nothing has jumped out and said .. "Woah, wait a minute.. what's up with THAT?"... That always seems to happen when i'm learning about religion, but i haven't had that happen yet.

Neways, school starts tomorrow... for real. I don't know if i'm ready for classes. i should be sleeping right now, but.... you know me... i never do what im supposed to do.

HOpefully i'll sleep soon!
+

love Love love Love
+
http://bubblesanangel.livejournal.com/92198.html

{Re-posted with permission}

No comments: