Wednesday, January 30, 2008

On the Baha'i Community as Shelter Anywhere in the World: Service to the Cause Makes Everywhere Home

"Manhattan Beach House," uploaded on January 9, 2008 by ::Topher:: on flickr, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic


Feeling at home is a pretty big deal for all. Do a search for "home" on flickr and you come up with 2,917,032 results. What's home to you? -gw

I want to be in LA for awhile before running off again. What I’m not sure about is for how long this LA-craving will take. Will two months home cut it? Do I need the full year? And if I do take the Namibia option, I will fall even deeper into this living in Africa trend, getting closer to a life-long habit. A big part of me just wants to settle in one place for awhile and start the habits one has when she is in her home. So I’m hesitant to move to a place that won’t be a long-term home. But then again, I have to move anyway for grad school so either way, I won’t have a serious home for a few years to come. But, then on the other side of the argument is that the Baha’i community is my shelter anywhere in the world and service with them tends to make everywhere home. So, do any of these questions and anxieties really matter?

Cecily on a Year(almost) of service in Uganda
Efforts Across Continents
A conglomeration of shared community achievements, personal reflections, experiences, current events, art, inspiration, and life's lessons

No comments: