Tuesday, December 04, 2007

On Identity: My centre is as a Baha'i, my centre is 6 billion souls

Patrick is a Baha'i. -gw

I've probably been going on and on about nothing but I will answer your question. My centre is my identity as a Baha'i, my centre is 6 billion souls, my centre is the tiny contribution I can make towards the betterment of the entire human race. 'Let no man glory in this: that he loveth his country, let him rather glory in this: that he loveth his kind.' I do love my kind and the fact that all of us human beings are so different.

Patrick Oyoo
Posted by Mark Gaya jr., to Village Volunteers Forum
http://www.villagevolunteers.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See the 2005-6 edition of the Baha'i World volume for an exploration of the concept of identity from a Baha'i perspective.