Sunday, November 04, 2007

From Atlanta to Tacoma: His friend told him this was something he should really look into

"And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth"
- Bible, Acts 17:26

I stopped by Rashid's home this morning. We spoke briefly on his doorstep. This man knows scripture!
+
Rashid had called our local Baha'i phone number. I had tried to reach him by phone this past week, but his mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message, so today I promised myself I would just drive over.
+
I gave him my number on the back of a teaching card and a pamphlet. He called back while my wife were taking a hike in Point Defiance Park. Tonight I was able to return his call.
+
We had a great 28 minute phone conversation. Baha'is are found, not made. This man sounds like a Baha'i, I'm tellin' ya.
+
I'm going to go over on Tuesday and do another home-visit. And bring books at his request.
+
Rashid heard about the Faith when a friend of his called him from Atlanta. Another friend had been attending a Baha'i study circle there and had become a Baha'i. His friend told him this sounded like something he should really look into.
+
Rashid did. He called the Baha'i number here.
+
I told him about our study circles on Wednesday night and devotional meeting on Thursday. I'm sure he will be partaking of the spirit of these gatherings soon. -gw

"Baha'i Unity Center, Atlanta GA," uploaded on July 20, 2005 by nekochan9 on flickr
+

No comments: