Thursday, June 07, 2007

On the Lotus Temple: This chamber, an instrument




+
I sit here on the stone bench and it's as if the my head is being drawn gently up by some invisible Electra-magnet. I have done a lot of meditation in my life and I am able to get into a receptive state of consciousness very quickly. This is the case now. I hear the sound that is like a powerful 'white noise' or a violin that is being played but where the sound is heard as a long sustained echo. The Bahai's have created in this chamber, an instrument that has a magical feeling to it. I could stay here all day.
+
So reads Steven's reflections upon sitting in the Lotus Temple in India last January when the snow was presumably high in Waterloo, Canada. -gw
+
{Re-posted with permission}
+
"Interior of lotus temple,"
Uploaded on April 29, 2006
by Anil Maharjan on flickr

No comments: