Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On Wanting to Explore Other Religions: Does this make me a heretic?

Richie has been thinking about his religious views. -gw

I'd like to explore other religions as well. I'm really interested in learning about the Baha'i faith. The Baha'i faith sees religious history as an evolving educational process for mankind, through God's messengers. These messengers include Buddha, Jesus, the Hebrew prophets, etc. The religion teaches tolerance, unity, the elimination of prejudice, and peace. There is a Baha'i temple in Wilmette, not very far from the high school I used to attend. I've been there once on a field trip, but I'd like to go there for service sometime. Does this make me a heretic? I don't think so.

Richie's Bio: "I play RPGs. ... Long live Suikoden and SMT!"

No comments: