Thursday, April 12, 2007

On Meeting Strangers with Openness: Zen Buddhist and Baha'i

"The Whatness"
+
Meeting strangers with openess while I travel is an invigorating experience. It reaffirms that kindness brings joy and exploration can expand personal horizons.

My taxi driver here in Dallas last night is a member of the Baha'i faith. I learned more about Baha'i in 20 minutes than Wikipedia could ever have taught me, including a personal experience of an incredibly generous response to loss and suffering.

Ruben, who just brought my breakfast into my hotel room now is professional and kind despite working a job since 6:00 this morning; one that I would run away from.

Where and when today can I offer kindness and the opening for another person to expand their horizon of what they thought was possible in the world?

Mark the wizard of what, "Kindness and Exploration," By Virtue of Release

No comments: