Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On Discovering the Baha'i Faith: Gerald Says "Allah'u'abha," Pt. 2

"farm land is vanishing quickly in Idaho," uploaded on June 13, 2006 by Buddy Stone on flickr

Gerald has emailed me of the recent steps he has taken to get in touch with local Baha'is in Idaho. -gw

I have found some numbers for Baha'is in my area, there are 19! ... I called just today and left a message asking about stuff. They do have study circles and I will most definitely take advantage of that. I have just been stunned by the tremendous openness of the Baha'is I have contacted, it just refreshes me to see how strongly the Baha'is conform to the faith in terms of openly spreading and teaching and welcoming new members. I feel like I could already declare, and am literally holding myself back until I get a better understanding of scripture and the teaching of Baha'ullah (though some of the words of Abdu'l Baha seem to touch me very personal, ever issue I wonder about, or thought on religion I have had in the past is addressed in his works in a very accessible manner. While the teachings of Baha'u'llah obviously are the words of the Baha'i Faith and far more important, the words of Abdu'l Baha are indispensable for a newcomer.)

Gerald, "I have found some numbers...," email, 4/11/07





"Idaho farm and development,"
Uploaded on February 20, 2006
on flickr

No comments: