Thursday, February 15, 2007

On Reactions to the Baha'i Speaker in the Comparative Religions Class: Neat to see how we were really all on the same page

Emilie doesn't freak out, nay rather, she is open-minded and accepting about religious diversity. -gw
+
Today we had a Bahai speaker in my Comparative Religions class. I think I'm going to like that class better than I thought I would. It was interesting...not really what she had to say but how we reacted. It was neat to see how we were really all on the same page. I'm glad I'm a really open-minded person about stuff. I think it's important to know and fully understand something before you form your opinions about it. I get so sick of people who are so afraid anything different and they immediately go into defense mode and freak out. It comes across as they are a weak person who is so afraid of doing wrong they can't stand anything that contradicts with what they believe. Get over it! The world isn't all the same! A strong person would know what they believe, have faith in that, and not spend their time reprimanding people for doing what they see as wrong.
+
Emilie, "Baha'i..." Saber_of_Light
+
{Re-posted with permission}

No comments: