Thursday, February 08, 2007

On Glen and Dale and the Baha'i Faith on the Internet: Thanks to the Pioneers

Dale has a blog, Dale of Planet Baha'i, that long-standing, multi-faceted, quality resource.

Glen has a blog, Glen who started A Baha'i Faith Page way back in 1994. Read his posts "The 'mechanism of world inter-communication'" and "The world as we will know it" for a bit of history and reflection about the Baha'i Faith on the Internet.

To these two souls and the many others whose names I simply am unfamiliar with due to the newness of my arrival on the web, thank you. -gw

"64-bit Chip: This vintage photo portrays the previous paradigm shift in electronic memory… This is a 64 bit (not KB, MB or GB) memory chip from the mid 60s on top of the industry standard at the time," uploaded on March 14, 2005 by jurvetson on flickr

These documents below, some already cited on Baha'i Views, also chronicle both the history and opportunities the Internet provides Baha'is who will venture into its ether. As you will glean from reading them, both through its individual adherents and through its institutions, the Baha'i Faith is poised to fully utilize "what God hath wrought."

Participation and the Internet
Blogging and the Baha'i Faith
Podcasting
Building Internet Communities
Basics of Search Engine Optimization
Guidelines for Internet Communication

2 comments:

Glen said...

Keep up the great work with your blog! I like your tag line: 'Pithy excerpts & mentions of "Baha'i" in the blogosphere'. It reminds me of what I was doing for web sites in the 1990's!

It seems that as one world matures (web sites) another world starts to grow (blogs)! I'm excited to see how the Faith of God is ready and able to have a presence in all of those worlds.

Thanks for your regular updates!

Anonymous said...

And thank you for the kinds words and for mentioning my blog. I'm just starting out with this form, so I need all the publicity I can get. ;-)