Friday, January 12, 2007

On Negative Perceptions of Baha'is: They are like some sort of soppy kindergarten teacher

Sometimes the arguments offered to disparage the Faith are so bad they're good. Librarian John from Australia seems to provide a suitable entry to this category. His post reminds me of the accusation made of Baha'is that "they suffer from terminal niceness." I'll take that as a complement. -gw

"My Kindergarten Picture," uploaded on

+

So, to my mind, the Baha'i are like some sort of soppy kindergarten teacher (lets call her Miss Honneysweet) standing up in front of the class and settling the arguments by saying "you're all right" and "lets all be friends". it's nice and you'd feel bad making fun of her, but in any argument we can't all be right.

John, "Help! My chakra fell into my chai tea," Hyperactice Librarian: The rants and howls of a librarian, blessed by by Bacchus with the gift of ADHD

"Howl," Uploaded on July 24, 2006 by CaptPiper on flickr

No comments: