Friday, October 13, 2006

On Blogs and Bloggers That Tug at the Heart: Blogs by Neha and Ashley

Over the months I have been doing Baha'i Views, and as it has evolved into a blog that reviews other blogs, I have made umpteen discoveries of moving blogs and dear bloggers whose entries I have continued to follow.

Take Far-Out Daughter of a Lung and the Ramblings of a Madwoman, the blog of Neha. Certain words and phrases stand out for me as I skim her recent offering: "ruhi study circles," "patience," "near-death experience," "running," "parent child attachment," "rollercoaster," "depression," and "the Baha'i Faith." Here is an excerpt. -gw

My Dad even expressed that he wants to meet all the Baha'is and talk to them so I hung up the Decatur Baha'i Activiites calendar on the fridge with all the numbers. Called people in the community to let them know about this exicing news. Next week when Prema and David roll through town that my Dad might be attending the musical event as well. :) Maybe he will go to the dinner afterwards as well. Maybe my Mom, bro,and sis n law will join as well.

Neha, Far-Out Daughter of a Lung and the Ramblings of a Madwoman, Oct 6th, 2006

Ashley of oh, · look · at · how · she · listens has attended her first Ruhi class. A "word salad" description of Ashley's most recent post might include these words and phrases: "Oh my goodness," "warm and deeply happy," "dysfunctional background," "train wreck," "saddest story," "beauty and goodness," "birth of the Bab," and "grateful." -gw

I think I have my Thursdays locked down in something I cannot turn my face away from. A Baha'i study circle. Oh my goodness. Where do I start.

It was just me, Luke, the "tutor" Shamim, and Luke's friend Joe (who isn't actually a Baha'i) today. But there may be two more members next week. I'm so timid with them, but I'm starting to ease out of it. It's funny because I'm not usually like that, not to that extent at least. But I am so drawn to them. I can't even explain it. Words aren't enough. Anyway, we did the whole "get to know you" bit, and they all have fantastic senses of humor. Such genuine people. After the study circle, which was very basic, and after laughing and talking for a bit, Luke invited us all to walk to this cafe down the street and meet his friend Diane. She was also an amazing, genuine person. I really enjoyed their company, despite how shy or timid or possibly reserved I find myself. It still made me feel very warm and deeply happy in a way I haven't been so often lately.

Ashley, "A Change of Scene," oh, · look · at · how · she · listens

No comments: