Tuesday, October 17, 2006

On Analogies for Religion: As a Multi-sided/Path'ed Mountain

"Light My Path," Uploaded on flickr October 24, 2005 by Sola Lumina Captura

There are enumerable metaphors with which to convey religious truths. The truth about religion is that it is a mountain with many paths all leading to one summit. -gw

Religion is a multi-sided mountain and for now I've wandered over to investigate the Baha'i's side of things. Will I become a Bahai? Knowing me I'll want to, but [darn it!] I'm just looking right now. I think that knowing everyone expects me to go join up with whatever I'm interested in lately makes me tend to wander in that direction. I certainly don't want to let anyone down! (LOL)

tricstmr Your analogy of religion as a multi-sided/path'ed mountain was exquisitely beautiful and appropriate. I loved it! I found myself thinking, "Yes! Yes! That's exactly it!"

Avdi calls the Bahai's the "Muslim Unitarian Universalists." It's the "world's youngest religion," having been born in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. They seem to acknowledge every major world religions Avatar as a legitimate Messenger from God. (Buddha, Zoroaster, and, I think even Krishna.)

I don't know much right now, but the little I do know I find quite interesting.

Avivah de Tabouli, "Fascinated By Flattery," It's Just Me, Blubbering as usual

1 comment:

Maria Lagos said...

Nice to meet your blog. I am going to link you.

With bahai love,