Friday, August 04, 2006

On the Roller Coaster of Life: Striving for Perfection and Being Accepting of Limitations

From Emily comes a piece both pensive and uplifting that illustrates how providing service to the Cause provides an avenue by which to also manage our feeling-states. We draw nearer to God as we step towards Him. -gw

Tuesday, August 01, 2006. "Perfection."
Today begins the Baha'i month Kamal - Perfection.
What better day to come to the realization and acceptance that I am not perfect, nor should I hold myself to that expectation. ...

Feast was absolutely wonderful tonight, and as usual, left me grinning. Not only did we have wonderful consultation and discussion about the situation in Haifa and how that applies to our Baha'i lives and the principles of Baha'i Life, but ideas are being made manifest. Like when the roller coaster is slowly, sloooowly climbing the tall hill. Shaking anxiously in your seat, you wait, and wait, and wait during the long ascent. Finally, the roller coaster slows down EVEN MORE just as it comes around the top, and once you reach the top you are amazed, what a great view! You can see everything at the top! I can see firesides, ruhi circles, children's classes! I can see the whole beautiful Baha'i community coming together and exploding with love and growth! And next? In a split second the roller coaster takes off, zoom to the left, zoom to the right, up and down! Everything is fast.

Our ideas are being made manifest. And the roller coaster is going to take off any second.


I volunteered myself to teach Ruhi Curriculum Baha'i Childrens classes every Sunday at 10:30. Even if no Children come, I will be there every Sunday with my Ruhi book, crayons, and music cd's in hand.... the assembly agreed and I am starting August 27th.

I am also going to spearhead the Baha'i Club at Arizona State University. Every week we will gather, even if it is just me. With time, patience, and devotion, our club will be built.

I am also going to assist Shahrokh in setting up a Friday Fireside at his house. Every Friday :)

I don't know why I deny myself of Baha'i life when I am depressed, it is the only thing that makes me feel whole, complete. Connected.

... The good news is that my fall semester will be a great one. The planets are alligning so to speak.

Ahh. I love being a Baha'i :D

Emily, "Perfection," an exploration in Faith

{Re-posted with permission}

No comments: