Thursday, July 20, 2006

On Prayers for Safety in Haifa: "I said the Muslim prayer he knows in Arabic will do"

Many of the young adult Baha'is serving at the Baha'i World Centre in Haifa, Israel, come from Baha'i families. Many do not.

Monday, July 17, 2006. I finally was able to convince my parents this morning after five days of negotiations that I and Amir shouldn't come home because of what is happening in the Middle East right now. It was hard. And I don't blame them. When panic penetrates mind and body it is really hard to get the message through. It required a lot of love and patience. They are terrified by the news they recieve every day on TV. I hope the whole thing won't last very long. I asked my father to pray for us (he is not a Baha'i, nor is my mom) and he was so cute saying he doesn't know any Baha'i prayers. He was happy when I said that the Muslim one he knows in Arabic would do:) Phew!!!!

tahmina & amir, "Success," Unite the Hearts

1 comment: