Monday, June 19, 2006

On Taking a Stand Against Substance Abuse and Depression: The Baha'i Faith Gets Her Through the Day

Here is an excerpt from another moving post by a Baha'i who has taken a stand against substance abuse and depression:

When I found the Baha'i faith, that saved my life.... You can read the article I wrote for a Baha'i youth publication called Fertile Field. Baha'i is the ONLY thing that keeps me sober.

I've been doing better than I ever had in my life right now. I'm still picking up all those pieces. I am in therapy. I just got put on medication.

This blog only shows you the very tip of the iceberg of all I have been through. I have no idea how I have held up throughout the years. Nowadays the Baha'i Faith is what gets me through the day. It is the most important thing in my life.

Renee, "Sometimes I am amazed that I am still here," MySpace

From Renee's "About Me": I try to treat people how I want to be treated. I also keep in mind that behind every text that is written on Myspace.com, there is a real person with real feelings that can be hurt. I try not to be a source of that hurt.

No comments: