Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On Guns and Feast: Oh, this is Good!

Photo: Oliver Barton, "Danny Brady, backside Smith grind," Transworld Skateboarding Magaine

Oh, life is good up Seattle way, according to this Baha'i blogger...

Oh this is good. I'm sitting here on my bed, again, typing to you about the successes of the day. First (and I might add unexpected yet most welcome), since I did so much heavy lifting yesterday (almost three hours straight) I now have guns. That's right. I said it. Well maybe not guns, but the muscle on my arms is a bit more... expressive, shall I say? I shall.

Second, my neighbors skate. A lot. And I introduced myself, and instantly made 4 skating buddies. This place rocks.

Now, off to Feast to meet all of the student Baha'is. The Seattle community doesn't have a Baha'i Center, so they do things the old/new school way (depending on how you look at it) and do small community feasts in each of the sectors of the city. I think it should be a good night.

Yesterday night (before my 3 hours of heavy lifting) I went to some rockin' awesome devotions. I'm talking good, well written Baha'i music. I don't think there was a crammed line once the whole night. And there were a bazillion people there in this medium sized house. I think they usually only have about 7-8 people, but last night they had close to 30. I should show up to these things more often.

"Oh this is good," I Said What

No comments: