Monday, May 15, 2006

On Walking and Talking: People Are Just Hungry for the Baha'i Faith

carmelelephant's lj pic
carmelephant (carmelephant) wrote,@ 2006-05-14 14:51:00

Current mood:
enthralled
love love love
I love people.


Photo: Stuart Robinson
Last night this girl who lives downstairs in my dorm asked me if I wanted to walk with her to the House of Worship in the morning, and she wanted to bring this other girl along who wanted to meet a real-life Baha'i. haha.

This morning I met Julia, and she was so awed by me. I felt uneasy because I wanted to make the best impression that I could. But she hung on to my every word and was so fascinated by what I had to say. The three of us walked along the shore of Lake Michigan, and I tried to answer all her questions. We finally reached the House of Worship and walked around the gardens smelling the flowers, and Julia mentioned that when her brother came there to visit, he said this religion was too good to be true. aww man hearing that stuff makes me so happy!!!

We briefly went through the visitor's center and upstairs, and then made the long walk back. Took 3 hours total... so my legs hurt. When we got back, Julia thanked me so genuinely and said that she wanted to see me again.

People out there are just hungry for the Faith, and I didn't even have to do anything, they came to me!!! isn't it amazing?

I also really need to read more so I know what I'm talking about when I'm teaching.

No comments: