Monday, May 15, 2006

On Seasoned Baha'is: BumpaStuff's New Blog

I am aware that so many of the Baha'i bloggers I read are young. It delights me when I learn of a Baha'i blogger who not young. What's not young? Oh, 40 is not young. Maybe even 30 is not young. But I get the biggest thrill when I discover a blogger in his or her 50's, like me (59 in a few weeks), or 60's like my wife (62 as of this past Friday). Like Jere, aged 65.

Photo: Jere with his BumpaSons

BumpaStuff is the name of a new Baha'i blog by Jere McKinney, who lives in Ciudad Colon, Mora, Costa Rica. From his "About Me": The nickname "Bumpa" came from my grandson, Aman, who had a hard time when he was little saying "grandpa". My wife, Julie, and I are members of the Baha'i Faith, and are dedicating our lives to the betterment of mankind in the form of service. She's a great teacher of children (our kids are a perfect testimony to that!) and a wonderful companion to her husband. I have been a building contractor and now, semi-retired, do home inspections in all parts of Costa Rica.

There are lottsa pics on this blog, including some of Costa Rican neighbors, Ruby Seals, wife of Jimmy Seals of the singing group Seals and Crofts from the 70's and 80's, with her grandson, and photos from a "Tropical Devotional Gathering in Miami."

No comments: