Monday, April 17, 2006

On Mo' Mentions of the Baha'i Faith: Blog Banter


During my coffee break this afternoon I fired up Ice-Rocket, the blog search engine, and came up with the following blog banter...

Jenyfer on Debaser is "Just Getting Started" : i'm taking a trip to Israel and the Greek Islands in May. i practice yoga about 5-6 days a week. i am exploring the baha'i faith.

Kalin Nestor on Welcome to Funkytown: I was talking to yes_rhade about the Baha'i Holy Days coming up and how the kids were going to miss a day or two of school.

Shellanne on Let Me Fly Away: I had a wonderful weekend at a Baha'i retreat and I really got to reflect on the progress I've made and where I need to go from here, in a very holistic perspective, not dividing my baha'i faith from everything else I do, but seeing it all as one. I feel so healed and empowered to serve God's cause and believe that's God's profits came to empower us with love, uplift us, and build up our character to better serve him. Guilt and shame do not serve God and actually hidden good action; they are dis-empowering and only stagnate our service. The time has come and I now see that my life no longer has room for this. I am so filled with love for God that there is no room for hate, especially hatred of myself. I wish you all the best. You have been kind and supportive in dark times. I'm now choosing to walk a different path and I will pray for you. In the meantime, if you ever need encouragement, I am hear. If you would like to know more about the Baha'i Faith and what has brought about this change, you can visit www.bahai.org or just ask. Enjoy your journeys.


nafisto of dev/navis is "Finally on Holiday": So I'm sitting in a lounge in Terminal 1 of London's Heathrow airport right now ... my family (both my own immediate family and Shirin's parents and sister) are here on the first stop of our three week trip. In a few minutes we're leaving to go to Istanbul for a week and then it's off to Haifa, Israel for Baha'i pilgrimage. I'll hopefully have some more updates later, but just wanted to say that we'll be saying lots of prayers for all of our friends (except for those of you living in Haifa that we'll be seeing--you already have access to the Holy Places!). Stay tuned...

No comments: