Sunday, April 02, 2006

On Becoming a Baha'i: Brief Blog Mentions

Jess of Rambles, Reviews and Rants asked in a comment on my wife's blog Flitzy Phoebie, "Have you ever blogged about how you and your husband came to the Baha'i faith?" That got me to thinking about the many "How I became a Baha'i" stories I've had the pleasure of hearing in my life. Of course, then I had to do a blog-search on it. Here is a taste of the many stories out there by Baha'i bloggers on the subject.
Emily on PHOENIX: When I first became a Baha'i, I couldn't focus on the prayers long enough to comprehend them, but now I breath them in like the sweetest perfume and they instantly make me feel better.
Free From All on THE SWEETEST BREEZE OF FREEDOM: Before I finally found my Lord, I'd thought my life was a complete mess and full of stupidities. But after I found Baha'i faith and attained the long-missed connection with God, everything came clear to me. Everything around me, my family, my social circle became true to me. Finally, I found this beautiful woman....She is the woman who told about her faith in the Toastmasters. Until then, I was still in the endeavor of finding my goal in life and getting the clarity of my life. When I first heard about the Baha'i faith, I really wanted to know more about it. I kept seeing her and started going to a Baha'i study circle in BoonDang, a southen city from Seoul.

Crystal on I'M JUST CRYSTAL: When I became a Baha'i, someone asked me, where did I first learn of the Faith and I recounted the conversation I had on the school bus when I was in the 9th grade and Desiree in the 8th -- that was the first time I had been briefly exposed to the Faith and it's teachings and more than 10 years later, that conversation still resonated with me.
John Taylor on BADI BLOG: When I became a Baha'i, this was one of the unexpected fruits of the invisible tree that I had learned to cling to. I could meet a person from anywhere in the world, a person of any ethnic background, and the fact that we were both Baha'is united us in every essential. It was as if we shared the same spiritual DNA, as if the branch of the tree of truth were growing inside us as well as outside.

Melissa on MIMI DaSALERA: Everything just seem to have this warm glow. I felt peace. A feeling that nomoney can buy. It took me years to find this and I found it the day I signed my declaration card and became a baby Baha'i. Peace. Such a beautiful word.
Josian on FREE SPIRIT: I became a Baha'i here in the United Kingdom after meeting Baha'i communities in Zambia, Zimbabwe, the United States, Canada and the UK. Without exception, these communities were composed of black, brown, white, Jew, Christian, Muslim.

No comments: