Tuesday, April 04, 2006

On Becoming a Baha'i: Blogger Phillipe Copeland

Phillipe Copeland is a Baha'i blogger who is posting incredibly good entries on Bahá’í Thought: Comments on Contemporary Issues and Personal Transformation. He describes himself on his personal profile in this way:

I'm a clinical social worker in Boston specializing in the addictions and mental health field and love what I do. I hold a Masters of Social Work from Simmons College and a Masters of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School. I have a passion for working towards racial unity, gender equality, religious reconciliation, and psychological empowerment. I am a writer, performing artist and musician and a lover of photography and film. I discovered and embraced the Baha'i Faith nine years ago and have never been the same since.

Here is an excerpt from a current entry:
As I wrestled with my feelings of aggression toward these souls, I thought of 'Abdu'l-Baha who Baha'is view as the perfect example of how a Baha'i should be. I asked myself what 'Abdu'l-Baha would do, sort of like Christians who ask "What Would Jesus Do?" I remembered these words which have touched my heart and troubled my mind since I first became a Baha'i almost ten years ago: "You will never become angry or impatient if you love them for the sake of God. "

Phillipe Copeland, "Love Them for the Sake of God," Bahá’í Thought: Comments on Contemporary Issues and Personal Transformation

No comments: