Sunday, March 12, 2006

On (New) Baha'i Humor: More from T-Mac

I've already posted about new Baha'i T-Mac of Questions and Answers About the Baha'i Faith and testified to the fact that this guy has a sense of humor. He has been going through his first fast, as he has been describing on his other blog, Cliff Gardner. I can't resist posting his most recent entry on the subject.

Thursday, March 09, 2006: "Not so FAST!"

Doctor: You say you’ve had these symptoms for the last…?

Me: The sore throat for the last week or so and the coughing and sneezing for the last four days.

Doctor: Have you been getting enough fluids? You seem pretty dehydrated.

Me: Well actually…I’ve been abstaining from food and water from sunrise to sunset for the last week as part of the Baha’i fast.

Doctor: The Ba-what fast? Whatever, look, you’ve got strep throat and a bad cold. Take these pills WITH FOOD AND WATER twice a day until they’re gone.

Me: Ok, fair enough.Well, that was fun while it lasted.

And while I'm at it, let me share a T-Mac classic from December, another post in dialogue:

Wednesday, December 14, 2005. "A discussion about faith"

Editor's note: I sometimes embellish the details of stories to make them more entertaining. However, the following exchange is entirely accurate. I swear to Baha'u'llah.

Me: I think I might be Baha'i. I went to this really cool Devotional Program tonight and liked it a lot and really want to learn more abou--

Dad: Does this mean that you're going to be one of those people at the airport wearing orange sheets?

Mom: Yea, those Bonzi people are weird.

Me: Look, I can't really criticize you for having no knowledge whatsoever of the Baha'i Faith because up until a month ago I didn't either, but still...you have no knowledge whatsoever about the Baha'i Faith.

Dad: Whatever, I'm gonna go watch Madagascar.

T-Mac, two posts from Cliff Gardner

2 comments:

June Perkins said...

Humour is always great- as William Sears put it God loves Laughter- not to mention a few good giggles!

Have you come across any blogging Bahai cartoonists, having insights into spiritual things with a bit of humour... but always respectful.

T-Mac said...

You're awesome, thanks for the kind words! :-)