Monday, March 13, 2006

On Baha'i Children's Classes: Baha'i Blog Citings

On Miquela's Adventures, the blog of an 18 year-old Baha'i youth doing her Year-of-Service in French Guiana, are the most lovely photos on the children's classes the youth there conduct. "Wonderful, adorable Stephane, who, although would not approach me during our first class, now runs and throws himself into my arms as soon as I step out of the car," is how Miquela captioned this photo. See the photo of Stephane's younger sister "who at the age of four has memorized more quotations and prayers than most 8 year olds in the class."

BESS teacher journal: First year as BESS class teacher is a blog offering by the prolific Pearlz. A BESS teacher is a Baha'i class teacher in Aussy parlance, if I understand correctly, and her journal is a reflection of her experience. Pearlz, otherwise known as June Perkins, is associated with Pearlzocreativity, Pathways to the Pearlz of Peace through the arts. Read her collection of extraordinary poetry on World Citizen Dreaming and see her installations on Gumboots & Feet for Peace Gallery. Much of her work appears to include images of children.

Find on Flitzy Phoebie my dear wife Bonita's pictures of our children's class Ayyam-i-Ha celebration here... and here.

2 comments:

June Perkins said...

BESS are the Baha'i classes held in schools and BEN are neighbourhood classes held in halls or people's homes.

These classes are well documented in Bahai World News and some schools have now has BESS for ten years. I'll post the links to some articles on it if you like, when I have a bit more time.

Yes, I do spend a lot of time on my blogs, especially since the children all started school and kindy...

June/ Pearlz

Unknown said...

hey,
might want to check this one out too: http://childrensclasses.blogspot.com/. It's a little experiment I've been working on to try and document my experiments in trying to make neighbourhood children's classes work in our area. Let me know what you think!