Tuesday, March 21, 2006

On Blogs: Naw-Ruz Baha'i Citings

Photo: Mona Mahmudnizhad, 17, was one of ten Bahá'í women executed by the Iranian Government in Shiraz on 18 June 1983. Mona's only crime was her steadfast belief in Bahá'u'lláh.

Tula of American Indians-R-Real has "A Mystical Day" on Naw-Ruz.

Today is a mystical kind of day for me...on this day - many years ago I gave birth to my next to youngest daughter and bade farewell to my youngest son Jimmy. He had been born nearly two years earlier with an inoperable congenital heart defect and had been expected to be with us for only six months. He blessed our lives for 22 months before he passed from this world 2 1/2 hours after his sister was born. What a sad time that was for all of us - mixed with the blessing of a new lovely child entering our lives.

For many years the pain of my loss of this precious child nearly overwhelmed me at times, especially around the anniversary of his death and Lora's birth. I finally found some ease with words in the Baha'i Writings which advise those who grieve that the pain we feel is shared by those who have passed on and in turn cause them sorrow...I still cry, mourning the loss of my son but am able to not dwell on it so he won't be affected by my mourning in the world of the Spirit.

So today I am thanking Creator for the gift of my lovely daughter who has become a registered nurse, wife and mother and a good woman.

Ironically, each of our children's birthdays is an ongoing gift from Kijimaneto to us.

May this day bring each of you peace and love.

Tula, "A Mystical Day for Me," American Indians-R-Real
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appreciate premiere Baha'i essayist John Taylor's marvelous prose on Badi Blog.

Today for Naw-Ruz, let us talk about spirit and how it relates to the principle of One God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andrew writes of his day on My Space. See his after pics--after breakfast, that is.

Enjoying the day I took off from work to enjoy Naw-Ruz and get some other happiness down, I thought I might bode well to get some breakfast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather of A Season for Everything has a fresh tale to tell of this day that, thanks to her kind invitation, culminated in joy and fellowship

....[T]he father called back. He'd sat down and talked with his boys. They decided that it would be much better to enjoy their holy day. They decided not to send the boys to school. Instead they are coming to our house for a visit, stay for lunch—that very joy and fellowship stuff I was lamenting the loss of. Happy day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this picture, Naw-Ruz collage, by jay s b, who reminded me of the biblical reference that we must be as children to get into the kingdom of heaven.

....dancing kids celebrate...Baha'i New Year, Persian New Year, also the first day of Spring... last night at the Dell Jewish Community Center (Northwest Austin).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blogger aMy from Malaysia on Catch Me Flying, who "always dreamt to be a photojournalist, someone who travels n write beautiful words, always prayed to be eloquent in my speech, someone who speaks the language of the hearts--maybe it's still far to be realized--at least i'm trying," is:

...celebrating Naw-Ruz with my new Philippino friends, exciting-nya!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read the 14 posts of congratulations on the birth of Mona as posted on jO space. (I began "Naw-Ruz Baha'i Citings" with an excerpt about a baby born and I end it with an excerpt about a baby born.) Here is one of those congratulatory entries:

Once upon a time.....There was the child, Mona, ready to be born.

And so one day she asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow. But how am I going to live there, being so small and helpless?"

"Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

"But tell me, here in Heaven I don't do anything else but sing and smile. That's enough for me to be happy."

"Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day, and you will feel you angel's love and be happy."

"And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don't know the language that men talk?"

"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear and, with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

"What am I going to do when I want to speak with you?"

"Your angel will place your hands together and teach you how to pray."

"I've heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"

"Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

"Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already b heard, and Mona, in a hurry, softly asked: "Oh, God, if I am about to leave you now, please tell me my angels name?"

"Your angel's name is of no importance. You will call your angel

'Mummy'."

O God! Rear this little babe in the bosom of Thy love, and give it milk from th breast of Thy Providence. Cultivate this fresh plant in the rose garden of Thy love and aid it to grow through the showers of Thy bounty. Make it a child of the kingdom, and lead it to Thy heavenly realm. Thou art powerful and kind, an Thou art the Bestower, the Generous, the Lord of surpassing bounty.

....sent with many good wishes for health and happiness, peace and love,

Mame, "Greetings from Auntie Mame," jO space

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an incredible entry you've made by pulling this diversity together- you had an editor's talent.

jay (s b)

Bonita said...

I just looooooove this little one! The baby, that is!

Sabby said...

Hi thank you for this post.
The babygirl Mona is my daughter.
She is now 13 months old and her is our blog: http://sabbynur.blogspot.com

Warm greetings,
Sabby
xoxox