Saturday, January 05, 2013

On To Stand on the Shores of the Sea: And meditate on God's Covenant

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky

Puget Sound is not an ocean. Call it an inland sea. This time of year is a great time to take it in, gray sky and all -- to stand on it shores  and contemplate the Covenant that God has with us all. -gw
 

O MY LORD, my heart’s Desire, Thou Whom I ever invoke, Thou Who art my Aider and my Shelter, my Helper and my Refuge! Thou seest me submerged in an ocean of calamities that overwhelm the soul, of afflictions that oppress the heart, of woes that disperse Thy gathering, of ills and pains that scatter Thy flock. Sore trials have compassed me round and perils have from all sides beset me. Thou seest me immersed in a sea of unsurpassed tribulation, sunk into a fathomless abyss, afflicted by mine enemies and consumed with the flame of their hate, enkindled by my kinsmen with whom Thou didst make Thy strong Covenant and Thy firm Testament, wherein Thou biddest them turn their hearts to this wronged one, to keep away from me the foolish, the unjust, and refer unto this lonely one all that about which they differ in Thy Holy Book, so that the Truth may be revealed unto them, their doubts may be dispelled and Thy manifest Signs be spread abroad.
 
The Will And Testament of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: