Friday, September 14, 2012

On a Novel Addition In All Its Graphic Detail: I suddenly realized this was a very dynamic Faith

The first graphic novel by Baha'i Publishing. Pretty neat, huh! An excerpt from an interview with the author is below. -gw
+

+
As a kid, I couldn’t pay attention to any Baha’i classes. I was basically there to play and have fun. But something happened when our teachers started sharing Babi history- in all its graphic detail. I suddenly realized this was a very dynamic Faith. It was full of awesome heroism, terrible horror, and profound sacrifice. Stories of courage honor and valor beyond human capacity. Suddenly I felt the gravity of the Revelation. One so strong people cast their lives away like it was nothing. As I studied art later in life, I wanted this to be conveyed in a medium for youth and young adults. Something that would grip people and show them the power of the Faith through graphic novels.
+

No comments: