Thursday, March 22, 2012

On Satanic Fancy: The comb, too, have I given thee that thou mayest dress My raven locks, and not lacerate My throat

Media_httpwwwthedaily_fkxlb
 
Bonita's devil looks like Oscar on Sesame Street. When garbage comes up in her mind, she attributes it to him. In narrative therapy, that's known as externalizing the problem. "What does Bonita want?" "What does Oscar want?" Bonita and Oscar want two different outcomes.
 
Here is a Hidden Word you don't see quoted very much. The image at the heart of it -- of wings -- is good for doing battle against the vilest whisperings of our lower self. -gw
 

SON OF DESIRE! How long wilt thou soar in the realms of desire? Wings have I bestowed upon thee, that thou mayest fly to the realms of mystic holiness and not the regions of satanic fancy. The comb, too, have I given thee that thou mayest dress My raven locks, and not lacerate My throat. 

 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: