Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On A Season Starts: My motivation

 
A new season started for me on Sunday. I had the opportunity to take my first photos and videos of what will become the Tacoma Invaders 2012 team. They had their first official practices Saturday and Sunday. A day late and dollar short, I made it to the Sunday practice, coming over with Coach Matt. I can't tell you how much fun it is to try to capture the energy and the joy of these guys playing the game that is so dear to them all. Taking photos is my service.
 
I just know that among these athletes are some who interested in "contributing to the betterment of society" and "commencing on a path of service to humanity,"  those who want "to take charge of [their] own spiritual, social and intellectual development." I invite my firends, both old and newly made, to engage in supporting the development of "meetings that strengthen the devotional character of the community; classes that nurture the tender hearts and minds of children; groups that channel the surging energies of junior youth; [and] circles of study, open to all that, that enable people of varied backgrounds to advance on equal footing" (quotes from the Ridvan 2010 message from the Universal House of Justice). -gw
 
 
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: