Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On Baha'i Views Gone Local: The spirit of the Institute Process within our village

In the heyday of Baha'i Views, when blogging was new, I used to try to cover "Baha'i" online. I used to stand watch daily for mentions of Baha'i, posting my personal discoveries even four or five times a day. As my immediate Baha'i community has come to embrace the Institute Process and I have tried to align my individual efforts with the collective endeavor to raise up, as called for by the Unviersal house of Justice, the four core activities in neighborhoods here in the Tacoma area, the focus of my blog has changed to simply aspiring to cover my efforts and those of my dearly loved co-workers in this Baha'i cluster. There is no more stirring subject to cover on a personal blog than this, it seems to me now. I've gone local. Baha'i Views has gone from being an aggregator of news to a straightforward personal blog of just what is news to me here in my village.
+
But remembering the old Baha'i Views, people still occasionally send me items of interest. I am always happy to oblige these thoughtful souls by passing on what seems noteworthy. Thanks, Sahar, for this. Could be very useful for the children and youth participating in the Baha'i children's classes and junior youth groups here. -gw
+
My name is Sahar, and I am a fellow Baha'i blogger (http://saharsblog.wordpress.com/ . I recently published a book with George Ronald (fiction, ages 10 and up). In short, the book follows a group of older children who are 10 years old as the deal with the various things in life in an 'elevated' fashion. The plan is to have 7 books in the series, one for each school year, and have the kids go through the junior youth program.
+

No comments: